Cheila has passed on the Blue Sky Tag II to me. She blogs about all things that matter to her with a touch of humour and in a candid conversational style. Let’s put it thus, when you find yourself clicking on the link to her blog, you will not be calling me a fathead.
- Give 11 questions
- Tag 11 people
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Do you live an a house or an apartment?
- Where are you from?
I was born in Oman and lived there the first 8 years of my life, grew up in Calcutta for the next 13 years and then went to New Delhi to study further and work. I now live in Northampton, UK. I carry all of them with me.
- What do you do for a living? Are you happy doing it?
I write articles for magazines and newspapers. It has lessened a fair bit with all the blogging and reading blogs but I am working on a book alongside. I am content with the way things are at the moment because I know a change is coming up soon and there is nothing better than living in the moment.
- What do you do to stay fit?
I do anything that catches my fancy. Once it was hot yoga (but boy it makes you almost pass out), spinning, pilates and and working out using weights. Now I go running in the park almost everyday and do yoga a few days a week.
- What time do you wake up and go to bed?
Some days I get up between 6-7am, other days at 8am, and am off to bed by 11.30pm.
- What’s your favourite thing to do on a Sunday?
I like to badger the husband to go on long, long walks to a park in another part of town. The badgering itself takes time and patience but it pays off with a lot of frowns and scowls and then the walk. After which we work off all that walking by sitting with a massive tub of popcorn each and binge watch films and shows.
- Have you ever been in love?
Everyday of my life. I am in love with something or the other. The jackpot in my life is the husband and the memory of his dog Tuktuk who is the other great love I have. Tuktuk was a handsome, kebab-loving labrador who passed onto another realm a few years ago but has not left our hearts.
- What do you always have in your fridge or pantry?
Salted caramel yogurt, milk, dark chocolate bark, berries, sunflower seeds, popping corn, baking soda and pecans. I have a lot more of course but if I put out an inventory…
- What TV shows do you follow right now?
There are so many. Off the top of my head, The Americans, The Wine Show, Paul Murton’s Grand Tours of Scotland, The Vikings, Mr. Selfridges, Pretty Little Liars, The Man in the High Castle, Billions, The Voice, Happy Valley, The Missing, Storyville, Black Mirror…We are your quintessential TV show addicts.
- What was the last book you read?
The Sword of Justice by Leif G.W. Persson.
- If you could only wear one for the rest of your life, lipstick or mascara?
I am in a bold lip colour phase right now. For now, I hold on to my lipstick.
Not everyone wants to be tagged so I shall quietly leave the questions below and you can answer them in the comments or not.
- Has the year begun well for you?
- What do you have on the travel list for this year?
- What books do you have by your bedside table?
- Are you a city or quiet town/village kinda person?
- Are you happy with where you live or do you want to live in another part of the world?
- Which loyalty programs (airlines/hotels), according to you, are the ones to watch out for?
- What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?
- Books or films?
- Mountains or the sea?
- Your favourite buy from the last three months?
- What’s for dinner tonight?
Before I wind off, Happy St. Patrick’s Day! May the feast be fantastic.