Dear virtual friends,
Here is a tag that I am taking part in because, well, it is fun to indulge in a bit of trivia at times. And when that trivia happens to be about you, the narcissistic head (come on admit it, we all have a bit of Narcissus in us) rears up.
I have been tagged by Malini – she blogs at https://malinispace.com/ – for this 2016/2017 Tag.
The tag has been created by David from The Guy Who Said Always No.
Describe your 2016 in three words
I am cheating on this by including more words because I am a rambler, and well, I like to push boundaries.
- Fairytale (Early morning flights always took us to seven countries, some repeated twice or thrice over, in Europe)
- Exciting (Ref: Above)
- Calcutta (I went back to my childhood home after two years and spent time with my parents who drove me crazy but then that’s just us. It was special also because it involved my childhood home hosting a 250-year ancestral affair of worshipping Goddess Durga. Durga Pujo is a big affair in Calcutta, mind boggling in the 4-5 days that it lasts, when the goddess shows up recreated in various themes and looks all over the city, food plays a critical part in the life of every Bengali and there is no time for work but unlimited sessions of adda (chatting). If you have not seen Durga Puja in Calcutta you have got to put it on your list)
Two people who made 2016 what it was
My husband Adi and I.
The most beautiful place you visited in 2016 and why you chose it
Norway. We stayed in a beautiful wooden cottage in Norheimsund by the fjords and we went fjord hopping. It was idyllic, the time that we spent there. On a day when it rained throughout, we sat inside the cottage, soaked in the view of the fjords, cooked up a meal with organic chicken reared at the farm by the artist owner and paired it with thyme that she gave us too. Later we sat for a couple of hours with the owner when she came visiting. She sat with her legs tucked into the fur-lined settee, sipped on tea and told us about her life. As we told her about ours. All with a view of the mysterious fjord alongside. It was like being in a wonderful dream.
The most delicious dish you have tasted in 2016
Aglio e Olio in Italy. The thing is that it has just three ingredients and yet it tastes like heaven when an Italian mamma puts it in front of you. Sometimes the simplest things in life can do the trick.
An event which left its mark upon you in 2016 (even a global event counts)
I cannot point out a particular event but the mark that the year left upon me was a cumulative effect – of all the travelling that we have indulged in. It introduced me to ideas and things which I never knew of. Growing in life is such an important thing, is it not? Last year was about that – growth. I confess that I feel tall after all the learning.
The finest purchase you made in 2016 (and if you want you can link up a photo of it)
Striking Murano light shades from the island of Murano
Three good intentions for 2017
- Get cracking with writing the book
- Make a new home in a new country
- To travel more
One place you want to visit in 2017
One dish you want to eat in 2017
Aglio e olio, somewhere in Italy.
I would like to Tag
I am cheating on this bit where I am supposed to tag 9 bloggers. I tag whoever reads this and wants to do this tag. Feel free. It will bring a smile on your face as you put down words that will make you rack up memories from 2016.
Rules for this Tag
- Mention the creator of the blog: The Guy Who Said Always No
- Use the image that you find in this article
- Mention the blogger who has chosen you
- Answer the questions
- Mention 9 blogger friends and let them know through a comment on their blog
I am done here. Now for a windy jog in the park and the hope that all you lovely bloggers have a wonderful day. Ta daaa!